Sunday, September 6, 2009

Transitions


It's the waft of old beer that hits your face while walking down the streets in Athens that splinters my indifference to my local and gives my brain a splash of reality. I could be walking down any street in the United States when I'm not focused on my surroundings, until that odor of old, spilt beer reaches your nostrils.

Other than that I have been inexplicably happy in my transition back to OU after the summers festivities. Perry and I have been experimenting with Manacotti and stir frys and other wondrous food on our poor college budget.

I think part of my complete happiness comes from knowing that these are a precious few days where there is no worry of school or work and no pressing deadlines. These are few hours that will be quickly gone and I will long for them repeatedly throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment