Friday, August 28, 2009

Starry Eyed Surprise

I’m not out there to find my soul mate. I never have been. I’m going along my own road for myself, making myself stronger, maintaining my independence, and becoming the best person I can be. I don’t avidly look for the next person to be with or someone with whom I can share my soul and starry eyes. I live for myself in total and complete contentedness of who I am when I am completely and totally alone.
I know people who almost cease to exist when there is not a significant other that they are attached to and who actively seek out new relationships immediately after its predecessors end.
I don’t operate like that and I don’t see how constant affiliation makes you completely you. I believe that I should be perfectly content living and thriving in my own life at my own time. Going along my own path towards whatever future I have envisioned for myself and if it just so happens that someone special comes across my path and that we can travel together, then that’s worth the world, the wait, and being alone, because that is truly special.

No comments:

Post a Comment