Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wheezy Way Out




Of course one of the first things I wanted to do when I got back from Europe was see my lovely boyfriend, Perry. He came to C-town via Greyhound- scary yet rhythmic- on July 24 where I picked him up. He stayed a few days, met my friends, was grill master for a night and we did all sorts of lovely shopping at Ikea and tourist-izing Cincinnati for a few days.

July 30 we both headed back to Athens, my car jam packed with stuff for my room and his apartment. I stayed with him for a few days where I learned how fantastic a cook he is as well as how fantastic a cook his room mate is not. Seth- the a fore mentioned poor culinary genius- was assigned the task of fried green tomatoes. After a few minutes on the phone with his mom he began to heat oil and slice and dice and such. Approximately 10 minutes later the entire apartment was suffocated in thick white smoke. The smoke detectors do not work, oh no. Half an hour of coughing, wheezing, and eyes burning ( as well as probably damage from too much smoke inhalation) we had a sad bunch of fried green tomatoes.

My lesson: I have not out grown my childhood asthma as well as my eyes are very sensitive to smoke and I spent the next few hours crying and washing my eyes out in the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment